You’re rejuvenated thanks to some well spent summer vacation time, the kids are back in school and you’re ready to focus more on growing your business. So, now what? Why not try something new to grow your business today?
A new, crisp fall season marks the perfect time to re-evaluate your communications plan and consider innovative ways to reach out to past, present and future clients and referral partners.
If you don’t take time to reflect and readjust now and then, chances are, you’re leaving a lot of potential money on the table!
Look at what has worked well for you over the past season and then decide where you could make improvements.
5 important questions to consider:
- Am I posting informative, unique content, such as blogs, to my website at least monthly to continually build my local expert status?
- Am I posting to my social media accounts at least three times per week to ensure I remain top of mind?
- Does my database hear from me at least monthly on seasonally relative and timely subjects to ensure they use or refer my services?
- What’s my plan to ensure consistent messaging across all communications platform?
- What’s something I’ve always wanted to try to boost my business?
If you don’t have a plan, it’s difficult to ensure all your bases are covered. And revisiting that plan every quarter is essential to ensuring your efforts are paying off. And, if not, this enables you to quickly change course so you’re always getting the best bang for your marketing dollars.
New things you can try today:
- Post your first blog
- Open an Instagram business account
- Start a podcast or video blog
Regardless of what you decide to do next, there’s always someone close by who has implemented something similar and can offer some sound advice. Why not benefit from tried and true communications tools used by your mortgage brokering peers? You’re blessed to be part of any industry where veterans are willing to share what’s worked for them – and what hasn’t worked.
Reaching out to new people is an excellent way to broaden your network and stay abreast of the latest industry best practices.
And if you aren’t comfortable planning and writing, you can always enlist the services of an expert who can help ensure you’re on the right track.
Cindy Freiman is president and word wizard at Creative Soul Communications – a content creation company specializing in providing top-notch educational and thought-provoking content for businesses to share via social media, blogging, client communications, marketing and advertising. She can be reached at: www.creativesoulcommunications.ca; email@example.com; 905-431-1546.