Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 11 Feb 2019, 12:49 AM Agree 0
The Toronto Real Estate Board says B-20 needs to be "revisited" because, in addition to stymieing eager and otherwise qualified buyers, it's harming the Canadian economy
  • | 11 Feb 2019, 04:18 PM Agree 0
    I am glad the stress test is in place
    prices are going down, and finally i am going to be able to buy a house soon.
  • kow | 11 Feb 2019, 08:49 PM Agree 0
    "uphold prudent lending guidelines"?? Canadians have the most debt of any developed nation in the world. Prudent is most certainly NOT what we've been. Keep the stress test, and TREB can go eat a bag.
  • vinga | 12 Feb 2019, 12:33 PM Agree 0
    this is good move by TREB, stop the stupid b20 for down payment more than 20%
  • Kevin R/Calgary | 17 Feb 2019, 02:15 PM Agree 0
    @ Kow
    Give your head a shake buddy! If you are so worried about the debt Canadians have, where are the stress testing for for auto loans & credit cards? At least mortgages are debt on assets that have been known to historically increase. How many people make money on vehicles, they usually depreciate the minute you drive them off the lot. Canadians are losing their networth across the country as these B20 rules erode the values of real estate across Canada. High fives to all you rocket scientists at OFSI. Now lets find more ways to choke the liquidity out of Canadians in 2019.
  • Kuldip Panesar | 21 Feb 2019, 04:52 PM Agree 0
    There should not be any test for the Five-year fixed term mortgage. Why the regulator institutions have the stress test on unsecured debts?
Post a reply