TD predicts improving economy after “very weak” first quarter

by |
Analysts from TD Economics predict that the Canadian economy will gradually improve this year in terms of personal income, employment growth and economic growth but that the first quarter will show weakness with GDP at an annualized rate of just 0.5 per cent. The overall tone of the report is positive though as it says that there will be a slight rebound in oil which should enable the energy sector to ride out the storm. It forecasts a full-year GDP of 1.9 per cent, down from 2.4 per cent last year.
 

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Name (required)
Comment (required)
By submitting, I agree to the Terms & Conditions