Jim Murphy leaves CAAMP

CAAMP and Jim Murphy have decided to part ways as of July 31, according to an official release from the national association.

“Jim tendered his resignation because a new opportunity presented itself,” Dan Putnam, current CAAMP chair told MortgageBrokerNews.ca. “We were surprised by his resignation.”

According to the official CAAMP release:

“Your Board of Directors has full confidence in the dedicated staff currently in place. The association will continue to focus on the areas that members have told us are important to them: Promoting the benefits of the broker channel to consumers, industry partners, government and other stakeholders.”

Murphy has left to pursue a leadership role with a non-proft, according to the release. He has been at the helm of CAAMP since March 2007.

According to CAAMP, this move is the latest in a number of changes made this year.

“Throughout the past year, we have initiated and embraced an abundance of changes,” the release states. “From reviewing our brand to launching a national Value of a Mortgage Broker marketing campaign, and strengthening member engagement and local representation through our Regional Chapters, the CAAMP Board and staff are committed to you.”

• Drew Charles Donaldson on 2015-07-10 3:20:07 PM

Jim was a stand up Leader and a great advocate for the mortgage industry. I wish him nothing but the best in the future!

• Ron Butler on 2015-07-10 3:26:56 PM

Jim put in a lot of hours, devoted a ton of energy and that deserves a thank you. I know there will be many less than rationale comments that will appear on this post but everyone should keep in mind Jim spent 10 years at this and did the best he could, sometimes he was executing the boards wishes when he had actually suggested a different approach.

I for one will thank him for his efforts and wish him well in his future endeavours.

• Jeff Greenberg on 2015-07-10 3:38:43 PM

Best of luck to Jim in anything he does.

• Kathy Weeks on 2015-07-10 3:53:30 PM

The best of luck to Jim.

• Greg Nowik on 2015-07-10 3:54:49 PM

Jim understood our business and assisted and helped our organization! He did a great job and I wish him the best!

• Greg Nowik on 2015-07-10 3:54:59 PM

• Morris Briglio on 2015-07-10 4:15:28 PM

Jim Murphy was a true advocate to the mortgage industry. I want to wish him continued success.

• Adil Mawji on 2015-07-10 4:27:34 PM

Wishing Jim all the best in his new endeavor

• Jerry Quigley on 2015-07-10 5:54:28 PM

Good luck on your new adventure, Jim!

• GARY MAURIS on 2015-07-10 10:59:34 PM

MR. MURPHY, thanks very much for the many of years of service.Undoubtedly, you have left our Industry much better off then when you first stepped in.You are a man of honour and although i didn't always agree with every decision, i respected your insight, your opinion and your commitment. Thank you for all you have done! The new association is getting a wonderful advocate and leader. Congrats and happy trails.

• Michelle Brienza on 2015-07-15 10:18:08 AM

Wishing Jim all the best. Thank you for giving CAAMP your best and leaving it better than it's ever been. Thank you for your service and contribution. You will be missed.

• Shelly Blumberg on 2015-07-15 11:27:35 AM

He owes me $3.59 for a McDonald's breakfast I bought him last week and of course when I go to see him about paying me back he retires before telling me. Typical Jim!