Far out Friday: The secret confessions of office workers
Here are a few of our favourite office confessions:
- Slowly coming to the unsettling conclusion that getting ahead in corporate society requires not telling stupid people the truth. – Portland
- On a conference call. Thought I was on mute. I wasn’t. Good thing a lot of people called in. Anyone could’ve made those sounds. Anyone. – San Jose
- Wearing Gryffindor socks to this job interview. – California
- 10 of the most important people in my work/play life share at least one name. I’m terrified I’m going to email the wrong one. – New York
- I’ve been secretly taking naps at work. It’s made me so much more productive. – Washington DC
- The thing I fear most at work? Clogging the toilet. – Ohio
- I think the receptionist judges me for the amount of online shopping I have delivered to the office. – New York
- Every time I watch Mad Men, I wish it was still appropriate to drink at the office. – Friend
- At work, I keep a secret list of bathroom non-washers. It’s on the wiki. – San Francisco
- My boss told me to “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.” Now I’m sitting in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman. – Nashville
It makes you wonder what anonymous confessions brokers would make...
If you could make anonymous confessions about your working day, what would you say? A new app called Secret lets people post just such confessions, with hilarious results.