DLC honours broker who passed away

Dominion Lending Centres is honouring one of its own who passed away suddenly over the Holidays.

It’s with heavy hearts that Dominion Lending Centres relays that our passionate franchise owner and brand ambassador John Dearin passed away suddenly over the holidays at the age of 56. John was a mortgage broker for 11 years – 4.5 spent as a broker/owner with DLC Mortgages and More in St John’s  Newfoundland & Labrador. He was a true industry supporter and attended all DLC events – often coming to Ontario for Owner Universities. We most recently spent time with John and his wife, Mary, at the DLC National Sales Conference in New Orleans this past September. We’re extremely thankful for the precious time we were able to spend with this incredible man. John also leaves behind his 31-year-old daughter, Terri, and nine-year-old granddaughter, Hope. John and his Atlantic Canada hospitality for everyone who came to visit will be sorely missed by many.

Dearin was also one of MortgageBrokerNews.ca's most faithful and creative commenters.

“I have had so many brokers with other companies reach out with their condolences and so many people attended his funeral,” Cindy Freiman of Dominion Lending Centres told MortgageBrokerNews.ca. “He was a well-liked and respected man throughout the industry and in general. My heart still aches.”

• Lior on 2014-01-17 9:30:22 AM

Oh wow! John used to post here regularly. My deepest condolences to his family and colleagues! =(

• Veronica Love-Alexander on 2014-01-17 10:16:23 AM

I will miss John very much. Always a joy to be around and passionate about his career!

• Ron Butler on 2014-01-17 1:21:13 PM

John Dearin was an honest, forthright, passionate and always deeply humane poster on this site and others. I never met the man but wish I had. My condolences to his family.

• Lee Perry on 2014-01-20 4:12:48 AM

I had the opportunity to meet John and speak with him on a number of occasions. I always walked away with the feeling for his passion and spirit of our industry, which will now have a void to fill. Condolences go out to his family, his friends, his co-workers and our industry on the loss.

• Vince Tarantino on 2014-01-20 12:03:18 PM

My deepest condolences go out to John and his family

• Dale L Bilton on 2014-01-20 1:46:08 PM

We will miss you John, very much.
    What a nice person.
    Condolences to his family and staff.