Charlwood Pacific Group wins 'Hall of Fame' award

The B.C.-based franchising company Charlwood Pacific Group (CPG) has been granted the Hall of Fame Award by the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA), in recognition of its practices that have given its franchisees much acclaim and success.
In the award presentation during the CFA National Convention last Monday (April 18), CPG founder U. Gary Charlwood reaffirmed his company’s commitment to the further development of its franchisees.
“I’m incredibly honoured to receive this award on behalf of my sons Chris and Martin, all of our staff and members whose personal determination has led to our collective success,” Charlwood stated during the awarding and induction ceremony.
“We treat our franchisees and their teams like family. That’s why it’s in our DNA to do everything we can to support the success of their businesses from providing the latest tools and technology, to personally answering their call when they need advice,” Charlwood said.
“As the only CFA member in the mortgage industry space, our CENTUM family is incredibly
proud of what the Charlwood Pacific Group has contributed to Canadian franchising,” CENTUM Financial Group vice president of operations Paul Therien said.
“Their innovative business practices have driven franchisee success and helped us successfully deliver the best mortgage rates for tens of thousands of satisfied clients for nearly a decade,” Therien added.
CPG is the master franchise holder of the CENTUM Financial Group and the CENTURY 21 brand in
Canada and Asia-Pacific regions, as well as Real Property Management in Canada and UNIGLOBE
Travel International. It operates in 67 countries, with 1,857 franchise locations and over 24,000 support personnel under its name.
  • Jackie Simpson on 2016-04-21 10:59:13 AM

Congratulations U Gary Charlwood, Chris and Martin. Well deserved award! Whole heartedly agree with Paul's comments with regards to the Centum Financial Group. Doesn't matter how big or small your Franchise is, you feel like family!

• Bindu Bouns on 2016-04-21 11:16:12 AM

True, Very Proud to be the part of Centum Family......

• Samantha Gale on 2016-04-21 12:49:32 PM

Congratulations to Paul and all Centum staff and brokers! Well Deserved!

• Evan on 2016-04-22 10:21:12 AM

Paul Therien has always been an amazingly inspirational leader, not just for Centum, but for our Industry. I see that this type of leadership runs in the DNA of the company!

Congrats to Centum and their parent company. A very well deserved honour.

• Ezra on 2016-04-22 10:28:09 AM

As a part of the CENTUM family I am very proud and not at all surprised that this award was given. In my experience when they say we are part of a family, they are not kidding.

It is much more than just words. It is actually a part of the CENTUM core values.

• Keith on 2016-04-22 10:32:19 AM

This is top honors! Well Done! From what I read this is the absolute top award for franchise companies in the country... very impressive!

I also note that they were inducted to the International Franchise Associations hall of fame some time ago.

We, in the broker industry, should be very proud that one of our own (Centum) has received this honor. It makes us ALL look better.

• BC Broker on 2016-04-22 10:37:34 AM

Congrats to everyone at Centum and the Charlwood Pacific Group. This is quite an honour.

• Christian on 2016-04-27 10:15:20 AM

I was browsing previous articles and I just saw this. Quite an achievement! Says a lot about the group and Centum in how they run their business. Very impressive.

• Shaz on 2016-04-28 10:22:57 AM

I walk a little bit taller knowing that I am a part of one of the top franchise organizations in the country, and the world! This just reaffirms my choice to join. In my experience, and after leaving my last brand, they earned this award with hard work and true dedication to their network.

• Mike F. on 2016-04-28 10:31:19 AM

Yup, this is deserved! Paul and the team at head office are fantastic to deal with and after working with them I get why they won this. I'm very proud to be a part of this company. Very proud.

• Paul Therien - CENTUM on 2016-04-29 10:20:10 AM

I wanted to thank everyone, on behalf of the executive team here at CENTUM and the Charlwood Pacific Group, for the very nice comments.

To us, this is as much an award for us here at head office as it is to our franchisees across all of the brands. It is your efforts, and support, that enables us to be successful. We value each of you and the contribution you make to our organization.

Like any family, it takes all of us to reach the stars, we lift each other to greatness.