Broker network announces social media partnership

Businesses are increasingly relying on social media to get their message to the public and one leading broker network has announced a partnership that will help with just that.

“Most people who use social media struggle to provide their audience with industry relevant content simply because of the time required to research and write engaging posts.” Paul Therien, vice president of operations with Centum Financial Group said in an official press release.  “Urbo has provided our network with a solution that not only offers this service, but has enhanced the brand image through consistent, approved messaging.”

Urbo.me provides its customers with a managed social media program specifically tailored to the target audience.

“We saw a need for cost effective social media management and we built our program to not only provide that service, but also long term value to our customers.” Ned Bubic of Urbo said in the release. “We have a team of highly skilled writers on staff that is ready to help our clients build a strong and successful social media platform that drives business to them.”

However, Centum brokers will continue to be allowed – and encouraged – to post their own content as well.

And with tens of millions of new content uploaded to the internet each day, Centum sees this move as a way to differentiate itself from the competition.

“As a franchisor my role is to always find ways to not only increase income streams for our network, but to also find cost effective solutions that ease the increasing demand on peoples time so that they can focus on building their business,” Therien said.

• Elaine - Toronto on 2014-03-06 12:24:38 PM

I use urbo.me as well, and I have to tell you - the service that they offer is amazing. I started using them in December and since then I have funded five mortgages from leads that were generated. It might not seem like much, but I only pay $55 a month for the service. Five deals pays for the service for the next couple of decades. How can you lose?

• David B. on 2014-03-06 12:48:33 PM

I agree with you Elaine, even one funded deal makes this program worthwhile - it does what I never had the time to do, and frankly, was too busy to do.

• Alex on 2014-03-06 1:18:08 PM

Why do I have a feeling Elaine and David are the same people?

This is very stupid. There are much better solutions out there at much lower prices.

• David B. on 2014-03-06 1:33:17 PM

Thanks Alex, I'm not a girl...

I have never found a company that manages four social media accounts, with regular postings for LESS than 55 a month.

In fact, name me at least two companies that do it for less, and I will look at their services.

• Kevin on 2014-03-06 1:35:41 PM

Why is it that on the forums on here people always resort to attacking other people who make comments? Time to grow the @#$% up people.

• @kiltedbroker on 2014-03-06 1:42:46 PM

I have to go on record here. Paul, I mean no disrespect at all, but this is one of the worst possible ways you can get involved in social media. You can't automate authenticity. People don't want to see auto-tweets from your agents, they want to get to know your agents.

Huge difference. I would be open to a conversation, please feel free to contact me anytime.

• Blair Anderson on 2014-03-06 1:53:26 PM

Sorry for the shameless plug, but here's a great alternative for everyone to consider...

Register as a Mortgage Originator on www.MortgageResource.ca and leverage your social campaigns by bringing them to a bigger Canadian audience, where consumers are not facing any bias. It’s a model that consumers demand, and one which you can thrive in. Best of all, there is no cost to register, and no cost for any business you receive.

If you want to start blogging, MortgageResource.ca will give you your own microblog. If you already have a blog, MortgageResource.ca can pick up your blog posts automatically (you will need an RSS feed) and repost them on the MortgageResource.ca multi-author microblog.

We can only accomodate individual blogs. Corporate blogs would lead to repitition.

Check it out.

• Paul Therien - CENTUM on 2014-03-06 2:15:57 PM

@kiltedbroker - I understand your point of view, I had much the same one initially, BUT, I did the research and here is the deal... These are not posts just out of the can, they are posts that are relevant to the consumer in the area which the broker resides. The content is very well written, has impact, and is posted as the agent. Yes, it is not personal posts about their lives, but then that is what they are encouraged to continue doing. The challenge is that there is a lot of information out there, and most brokers typically only regurgitate what is in the news, or make posts about rates, and of course do personal postings.

If the only thing you do is post about rates, and re-post or share what you read elsewhere… you are being ineffective in your social media, and you are not bringing value to your audience. In fact, all you do is increase the rating of the people who’s posts you re-post… that does not make you look like an expert… all it means is that you can find stories online and then share them – which anyone can do.

The average Canadian spends 4 hours a day on social media. They are looking for content that is engaging and relevant. That means unique and well written – when you can do that, it drives people to you. Proof… Century 21 staffs a full time social media department, and their website has the highest number of visitors a month in Real Estate, second only to realtor.ca – over 2 million visits each and every month. They write their own blogs, and build their own social media content, and the results are very clear. Now just imagine if all 9000 of their realtors did the exact same thing…

• Ron Butler on 2014-03-06 2:24:35 PM

I am leaning to Mr. Middleton on this one there is so much pointless chatter that authentic will ring true, although something is better than nothing so if you are doing nothing jump on urbo.me

• Harry on 2014-03-06 2:26:41 PM

I have recently started using the Urbo.me service and think it's fantastic. The team has expanded my social media audience and added professsional informative postings to my accounts.

I'm looking forward to positive things in my real estate business.

Harry Gill
    Re/Max Little Oak Mission
    www.harrygill.ca

• Elaine - Toronto on 2014-03-06 2:30:29 PM

Will all due respect Blair, all that does is drive visits to YOUR website, it does nothing to enhance my own social media platform. Sorry - I checked it out with several social media experts and they agreed with me. Yes the links back and forth are powerful, but it is one sided - to your own benefit.

Urbo is different, they build MY presence - as ME.

All the people that nay say this - think outside the box. I got five funded deals in two and a half months - for little to no effort, and for $165.00 - or $33 a deal. Based on the commissions I earned on those deals, it is peanuts.

If you don't want to try it that is your choice, but to be so negative when you have not tired it only makes you look silly. Not everyone will have the same results, but if you are willing to take the chance - how can you bash it?

It is the same as voting... if you don't vote - you can't complain.

• Paul Therien - CENTUM on 2014-03-06 2:39:23 PM

@Ron Butler - look at it before you jump to conclusions, this is not pointless chatter - these are authentic posts.

• Blair Anderson on 2014-03-06 2:45:57 PM

@Elaine...Sorry Elaine but I have to question either your sincerity, or the qualifications of your "social media experts". Yes, I founded the site, www.MortgageResource.ca, but it is 100% a community site. My presence on the site is no more than any other professionals. If I want to drive visits to MY site, I work on my company website - www.anderson.ca.

Take another look!

• Ned Bubic - Urbo.me on 2014-03-06 2:48:43 PM

@kiltedbroker - thank you for the feedback. Couldn't agree with you more " that you cannot automate authenticity". We work with each Broker to determine their content strategy. We actually STRONGLY encourage that they stay involved with all of their social/content channels. I'm sure we've all come across plenty of Broker social accounts that haven't been updated in quite some time.

They have the best intentions of keeping their social channels updated, but the reality is that MOST Brokers just don't have the time to create conversation-starting content postings on say their Facebook Business Page. That's where Urbo has been successful in helping out.

Our Canadian-based team has been in the mortgage/real estate vertical for quite some time and understand the content that will help add value to a Broker's social channels AND add SEO value.

@BlairAnderson - We're a bit different in the sense that we promote traffic on social media, help influence SEO and drive lead generation back to the Broker or brand.

The service is not for everyone. There are some pretty sharp brokers out there that are on top of their social media content day in and day out. I'm always impressed by these guys as they're juggling day to day operations while staying committed to their online marketing efforts. Urbo helps the brokers that are struggling for time with top notch content that's not mass blast.

Hope that helps.

• Elaine - Toronto on 2014-03-06 2:50:02 PM

@Blair - sorry - not YOUR personal site, just the site you are plugging. Community site or not, the reality is the more blogs you have linking into that site (the one you are plugging - that you founded) - the more traffic you will generate for that particular site.

That is pretty standard stuff. You can question my sincerity etc all you want - the fact is I am not on here trying to plug a site I created - I am telling people about MY EXPERIENCE with Urbo.

• Ron Butler on 2014-03-06 3:02:37 PM

@ Paul Therien, don't take it the wrong way Paul, by chatter I meant regurgitation of current news and pretty much the same stuff as most of what I see on Social Media is just that, BOC announcement and 17 tweets show up saying more or less the same thing. Sure there may good content but I think Jackson is pointing out is that to stand out I need to see the individual human beings take on a subject: Why I loath moving. Why I hate spam. Why I love the Blue Jays. Seriously the 18th tweet on no change in Prime Rate does nothing for me. But I clearly said if you are doing nothing jump on this. That's the smart move. Good is not the enemy of great so really I am endorsing it for non-users.

• Paul Therien - CENTUM on 2014-03-06 3:06:09 PM

No worries Ron! I appreciate the candor and really quite enjoy your comments on here. Hope you are having a stellar year thus far.

• Alyson Thiessen on 2014-03-06 3:53:08 PM

Our company has used Urbo now for over 6 months and we are completely happy. I have had MORE positive comments about our site, content and ranking in 6 months than I had in 6 years.

• Alyson Thiessen on 2014-03-06 3:53:09 PM

• Blair Anderson on 2014-03-06 3:59:31 PM

@Elaine... I couldn't agree with you more. You said, "...the reality is the more blogs you have linking into that site (the one you are plugging - that you founded) - the more traffic you will generate for that particular site."

With all due respect Elaine, I'm not sure you see the value in a community site. Yes, we want as much traffic as we can muster. Who benefits from the increased traffic is, "everyone".

Consumers like sites where everyone is at the table. Where all the information, and all the perspectives can be found. A consumer from Calgary will use our site to learn more, and eventually try to make a connection with the professionals s/he needs in Calgary. That's not me. I'm in Hamilton.

With over 20 years in the mortgage origination business, I founded this site for everyone to benefit from. If you think I have some ulterior motive, that's unfortunate.

Visit the About page to learn more. You and everyone are welcome to join and my hope is you get business from it.

Cheers!

• Michele Cummins on 2014-03-07 12:52:05 PM

I've been using Urbo.me for about a year now or longer and I really appreciate the timing and content that they have provided to my social media outlets. My followers, potential clients and active clients and friends have enjoyed and appreciated it which is evident in their communication to me in comments & shares. urbo.me still encourages you to post as well which I do all the time for that personal communication. However, when I forget or don't have time to post for a week they make it so that I don't look disconnected and the online world doesn't forget who I am. The Social media world needs constant food to stay alive. Online attention span isn't very long so there is a need for constant communication. To be the top producing Real Estate agent I have to give advice and information and they help by keeping me constant :- ) www.michelecummins.ca
    The Cummins Real Estate Group

• Alex on 2014-03-08 9:35:48 AM

Hoot suite would be a great example. does it for me for only $9.99 per month! there are at least 6 more out there

• Ron Price - DLC on 2014-03-10 11:40:00 AM

If this site did a little more policing of derogatory comments or better yet not allowing anonymous crackpots to attack others and offer nothing constructive, it would improve it's credibility for responsible commentary.

• Ron Price - DLC on 2014-03-10 11:40:10 AM

• Keith on 2014-05-15 5:47:31 PM

I just thought I would share this... I signed up with URBO when this article came out, and you know what... Since then I have received ten, that is TEN applications from my social media. How many have funded? So far 4 of them.

To all of you people who said that this was a waste of time... I almost believed you, and I am glad I did not.

For a small price I do not have to do even 1/4 of the work I used to do on social media, and I have made my money back 10,000 fold.

If you have not signed up for this program yet... DO IT! You will not regret it.

• Ron Butler on 2014-05-15 5:58:21 PM

Thank you Keith from URBO. Seriously, I supported this program as better than doing nothing but 10,000 times return??? Pull-lease.

• Keith on 2014-05-15 6:06:41 PM

Sorry Ron, you are right 10,000 is an exaggeration on the actual fiscal return in my pocket. I was referring to the $ value and the value of the marketing that I have been getting. If you want to know the exact value of the % returned on investment it is 337.51% or $18562.99 in commissions earned.

OH and I don't work for URBO, but then you stating that is not really all that surprising becasue you just can't let a positive comment ride can you Ron? At least not according to the vast majority of your posts.

• Steve Garganis on 2014-06-25 1:23:08 PM

I recently started using URBO and like what I see. My clients have given me positive feedback. Thumbs up from me. More exposure is always good.. especially when it's positive content.