Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 09 Aug 2013, 12:01 AM Agree 0
Rate shopping made even easier?

Comparison site RateSupermarket.ca is now offering a mobile app billed as “the answer to your mortgage mobile prayers” and focused on comparing up-to-the-minute bank, broker and credit unions rates.
  • Scott Dawson | 09 Aug 2013, 01:13 PM Agree 0
    So, RateSupermarket just wasted money on a standalone App that does the exact same thing their website should do on a mobile anyway?

Money would have been better spent on optimizing their website for mobile phones rather than making consumers take the extra step of searching for, and then downloading the app.
  • Walid Hammami | 10 Aug 2013, 08:05 PM Agree 0
    @Scott Dawson, converting a big site like that to to a responsive design would be costly in money and time. Making an app costs much less. The app probably cost less than 2000$/operating system. Cash flow wise it's a good decision: they start with the Iphone then adde android and with time do some upgrades. I am curious though how they will integrate with kanetix.
  • Blair Anderson | 12 Aug 2013, 07:57 AM Agree 0
    Wow, the same two or three mortgage brokers offering rates on different terms. How can anyone feel good, or get excited about that kind of market coverage? Would you use this? Well, I suppose RateSupermarket knows who their customers are. Good for them.

Major changes are in the offing for mortgage brokers, and mobility is certainly one of them, but I personally don’t see this model holding up for the vast majority of professionals who take a far less parochial view of the industry.

Cheers!
  • Ron Butler | 12 Aug 2013, 09:13 AM Agree 0
    @Blair, if those same two or three brokers are offering the best rates in Canada then I think it's the public's reaction to the offering that's important, not your reaction.
Post a reply