Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 09 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
One Alberta woman has been found guilty for her part in a mortgage fraud, despite previously claiming there was no evidence to support the fraud allegations
  • Cory | 09 Dec 2015, 01:42 PM Agree 0
    Maybe a naive question(s) on my part, but. How can CIBC not have done the due diligence (employment checks, I.D., etc.), and how does this get past a Lawyer? Unless she created fake I.D. and posed to be these people how can title documents be signed at a Lawyer without the knowledge of those that were defrauded? Either the entire story isn't told in the media or something is not adding up.
  • Anon | 10 Dec 2015, 03:33 AM Agree 0
    Good questions Cory.
    If she drew out $2M volume only via refinances, than there was no lawyer involved. She frauded ppl she knew on an intimate level, but also knowing the lendor would have reimburse when this plot was discovered. There's many victims here, and did the bank fire any staff over this? Last with all these victims and their close relationships with the convicted, are we sure she's the mastermind and not the scapegoat?
  • John | 10 Dec 2015, 11:57 AM Agree 0
    Cory has excellent points...
Post a reply