Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 20 Jul 2011, 10:00 AM Agree 0
Macquarie and Concentra may only have been the first, with broker trainer Greg Williamson identifying “disintermediation” as a growing industry trend. In common parlance that means lenders are looking for ways to cut out the middleman and beat a direct path to the customer.
  • Maureen Haslehurst | 21 Jul 2011, 03:53 AM Agree 0
    This transition is no different then what both the insurance and travel industry have done. Yes we need to show "added value " to our clients but as brokers we must also pressure those associations who collect our fees to provide support through consistent advertising. It's difficult to believe an association who accepts fees from brokers and from lenders will always have my best interests as a priority.
  • Greg Williamson - Founder 180DegreesAcademy.com | 21 Jul 2011, 04:35 AM Agree 0
    Maureen, although I agree with you that I think it would be prudent for us to know what our associations are doing to help us. I am not sure if it is a matter of them not helping us, or a matter of them not telling us how they are helping us, and what they plan to do in the future to help us more. However, as what was mentioned yesterday at Mike Cameron's - Mortgage Revolution event, I can point fingers at others to help me or I can look at myself and say "what am I doing to combat these natural forces at play?" Keep pushing...cheers,
Post a reply