Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 08 Aug 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Brokers are already positing their own theories on which lenders will be hardest hit by CMHC’s move to cap access to government guarantees for securitized mortgages.
  • Walid Hammami | 08 Aug 2013, 04:51 PM Agree 0
    I am not sure if you know thhis but RBC is able to borrow from the US with better rates than canadian insure MBS. This gave them an edge that they used to be more competitive and still keep some healthy margin. RBC will win this game for the moment until the others adjust.
  • Frank Bava | 11 Aug 2013, 05:52 AM Agree 0
    The real concern is why does the Canadian Government (CHMC) now think its too risky selling mortgage insurance. The LTV they are insuring has reduced over the past year and they insure many mortgages for lenders that back door insure all their mortgages. To me it looks like CMHC is concerned about the financial markets and what may be on the horizon if we are headed for a significant recession. Brokers and Realtors are not seeing an overheated housing market so why the concern at CMHC. Its not that they are providing a free service.
Post a reply