Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 08 Sep 2011, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Profit magazine has once again given the nod to True North Mortgage, naming the expanding brokerage to its annual ranking of Canada’s top new growth companies – a.k.a. its Profit HOT 50.
  • George | 09 Sep 2011, 03:40 AM Agree 0
    It is one thing to have great revenue. However, how much income falls to the bottom line? Rent for 7 offices, staff of 16, and internet advertising adds up quickly. I'd be surprised if $400,000 fell to the bottom line. That is equivalent to doing $40m in biz. Not that impressive at all.
  • AB Mortgage Broker | 09 Sep 2011, 03:55 AM Agree 0
    I agree with George. Not to mention Dan has his 50/50 split (if memory serves me) with Kevin from the dragon's den. If they were public, I'd be shorting their stock.
  • Alex | 09 Sep 2011, 09:33 PM Agree 0
    Too many jealous and short sighted people in our industry. Dan, Congrats on your achievement. You are one of the rising stars of our industry. Keep up the great work! Alex Haditaghi
  • George | 10 Sep 2011, 03:40 AM Agree 0
    Alex, how do you draw the conclusion that one is jealous and short sighted just because I mention facts? My point is that the $60m I do a yr makes me more $$$ than all of True north because I don't have their overhead. Its pure mathematics.
  • Jim - Broker | 10 Sep 2011, 03:58 AM Agree 0
    All the best. Good luck.
  • Alex | 12 Sep 2011, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    George: what Dan is building is a "business" and not a job. His Internet strategy, retail location and control of where the deals end up will be very attractive to Lender someday. At that point Dan has something that most of our people in mortgage industry dont have and that is "Exit Strategy"
  • K | 13 Sep 2011, 12:34 AM Agree 0
    AB: The Dragon's deal fell through, I believe. So, that statement is inaccurate.

On the whole, spectators continue to bash TNM for working with a different model and succeeding. The negative comments clearly stem from envy or lack of understanding. Maybe we should, instead, look to the successes of others and see how best practices can be applied to our own businesses.

The success of one does not take away from the success of another.
Post a reply