Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 30 Sep 2016, 10:54 AM Agree 0
The website that shares Toronto’s sold data with subscribers was temporarily suspended earlier this month. The matter will now be settled in court
  • Martha Smith | 30 Sep 2016, 11:46 AM Agree 0
    Stop fighting the Real Estate Board
  • DB | 30 Sep 2016, 11:47 AM Agree 0
    My assumption is that you have to be a subscriber to your website that means your charging to access or earning money. TREB is the authority and does not receive any money from you other than board dues. So in effect you are third party profiteering from all the other members in the board. Sounds to me like your reselling another businesses information. Good luck on winning that one.
  • Ron Butler | 30 Sep 2016, 12:03 PM Agree 0
    I always find it interesting that some realtors despise the idea of providing the public with easy digital access to the information in the TREB database. I get that they paid to build and maintain the database so their needs to be some kind of cost to access it but why does it need to be a secret? Once the deal closes it becomes public record on Terraview anyway, so what's the big deal? Oh wait, maybe widespread easy to use info might lead to more commission reduction, nah, that could not be it.
  • John Martin | 30 Sep 2016, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    Every Canadian should have their individual right to access the transparency of this real estate information in question. Everyone knows this is the proper thing to do. With the exception of every real estate agent in Ontario who would not agree and understandably so as they are required to pay a fee for this. A fee to the same people who are fighting to keep it private. But times change and we must adapt and change with them. There will continue to still be a need for real estate agents, so not to worry. So lets hope the court sees and agrees. It is now in fact time for all Canadians to have this what has been keep as secretive information away from Canadians for far to long.
Post a reply