Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Time to eat crow?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 22 Mar 2012, 11:00 AM Agree 0
Some brokers may be eating their words. The broker channel’s biggest proponent of trailer fees is expecting to pay out a whopping $5 million of that compensation in 2012, billing it as a validation of the model and evidence of a maturing market.
  • James in Whitby | 23 Mar 2012, 05:18 AM Agree 0
    A hearty "well done!" to the folks at MERIX and the originators who are building value in their businesses rather than chasing a finders fee. I've been happy to direct as much of my business as possible (that fits for the client) to MERIX over the last 2+ years ... great service, lower end of rate spectrum and good DBD support. They've listened to what we want and actually gave it to us. Look forward to many more years doing business with you!
  • @kiltedbroker | 23 Mar 2012, 06:47 AM Agree 0
    Well done MERIX, love your innovation in our industry
  • Ron Butler | 23 Mar 2012, 11:00 AM Agree 0
    No question trailer fees have a valid place in our industry. Unfortunately not every Brokerage house has a contract that makes sense for the agent to do trailer fees. There are many contracts in the marketplace that leave the Brokerage collecting the trailers when the agent changes Brokerage houses. Now you could say the agent was dumb to hang their hats at a Brokerage like that in the first place but fact is: it happens.
Post a reply