Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 12 Nov 2013, 01:00 AM Agree 0
In a bid to drum up potential business, a Brampton-based broker took to the street to hand out pamphlets inviting potential clients to attend a 45-minute presentation… and the chance to win the most unorthodox prize ever.
  • Clinton | 12 Nov 2013, 03:50 PM Agree 0
    With all due respect, mickey mouse promotions and tactics such as these only serve to undermine the legitimacy of the industry. Perhaps the general public has reason to group mortgage brokers with the used-car salesmen of the world.
  • John Van Driel | 13 Nov 2013, 06:38 AM Agree 0
    Not a bad idea!! I would change the "prize" to something like $600 worth of legal fees on your next purchase, or $600 worth of tile or carpeting on your next purchase.
  • Victor | 13 Nov 2013, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    Thanks John - good idea as well. Thank you for the feedback.
  • M. Robertson | 13 Nov 2013, 10:17 AM Agree 0
    @Clinton So a give away is a mikey mouse promotion is it? Then banks must be pretty mikey mouse as well, after all they have been doing this for decades.

The prize might be unusual, but the concept is sound and one that has been used by large reputable companies for years. It is called Word of Mouth Marketing and is a well respected marketing technique.

You simply sound like sour grapes, and instead of being so negative, maybe you should try being supportive of a fellow broker that is trying to be creative. It might not be to your taste, but stop being so negative and attacking a fellow broker on a public forum.
  • Paul Therien - CENTUM | 13 Nov 2013, 10:18 AM Agree 0
    Well done Victor, I applaud your creativity and the initiative to work with a local business.

Keep up the great work!
  • Victor | 13 Nov 2013, 12:26 PM Agree 0
    @ M Robertson - Thank you for the kind words. Word of Mouth Marketing plus a Target Market Approach and Pay It Forward concept should make a dent into the public's eye about our services, even in a small way within a small community. Thank you again.

@ Paul - the idea was also to help local business get traction. They are new with wonderful service so might as well synergize to offer something unique. Thank you.
Post a reply