Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 23 Apr 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The case of an ill woman coming close to losing her home because of a bank oversight has highlighted the value-add of brokers over branch representatives, argue channel veterans.
  • Sharon Fauchon | 23 Apr 2013, 07:52 AM Agree 0
    This is so typical! Some of these bank lenders are so undertrained and have no idea what they are doing. When I hear some of the information they are giving clients it makes my blood boil. If I could have access to every client they turn down or turn away for many reasons I would be extremely happy.
  • woodd7 | 23 Apr 2013, 02:46 PM Agree 0
    I don't think blanketing Bankers as being at fault in this matter is anything different than Brokers being tarred by the few bad apples in the group. First the client wasn't dealing with a Bank, 2nd the systems of the lenders were obviously inadequate as insuarance coverages are show in all borrowers profiles including on line facilities. This was truley a sad situation for this client, but not an example of "Blind Faith". The article Just a tad bit inflamatory and self serving..... there are better ways to bash the Banks. There are many Broker horror stories as well.
  • Jason | 24 Apr 2013, 12:32 PM Agree 0
    I do second woodd7's comments, this is the example of one client horror story... I have spoken to several clients who put "blind faith" into the hands of an under qualified and PART TIME mortgage broker who have caused extreme financial pain to clients.. Let's stop making statements that paint any large group with the same brush. In all fields you will find bad apples...
Post a reply