Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 10 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Banks have flagged a number of suspicious transactions, mostly coming from one specific country
  • Joss Covenoho | 10 Dec 2015, 10:34 AM Agree 0
    This is an extremely misleading title, suggesting that the Chinese conduct suspicious activity, in order to gain a public response to stop the Chinese from the overrated price increases and from owning so much Canadian land. Only once you read further into the ad, do you see that transfers over $10,000 do not IMMEDIATELY indicate crime or money laundering, that $10,000 is simply the trigger. The Chinese are CASH people, they trade heavily in cash, which throws Canada off, both culturally and technically.
  • Cinzia | 10 Dec 2015, 02:22 PM Agree 0
    Perhaps we should focus on Canadians. The number of suspicious transactions by Canadian citizens is double those from China. Inflammatory headlines are great. As long as they're accurate.
  • G | 10 Dec 2015, 10:15 PM Agree 0
    What an insult and disgrace that Canada enforces "moneylaundering" laws against subjects of a Communist dictatorship with an abominable human rights record that starts with 2,500 acknowledged executions a year.

But, wait, our new Vogue PM is on record as singling out China as the country he most admires in the world "because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say 'we need to go green fastest . . . we need to start investing in solar.' I mean there is a flexibility that I know Stephen Harper must dream about of having a dictatorship that he can do everything he wanted that I find quite interesting."

Can't wait to see his worship of Xi Jingping when they meet. Maybe a firm personal assurance that Canada will fully cooperate in tracking down criminals who dare to send their money out of the People's Republic.
Post a reply