Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 28 Sep 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Lawyer close to the case claims it’s just the tip of the iceberg
  • LanceH | 28 Sep 2016, 11:27 AM Agree 0
    So the ppty isn't worth as much while it's being built, compared to the end-value. Never underestimate the stupidity of the public or a lawyer's willingness to take their money pursuing a frivolous suite!!
  • Ron Butler | 28 Sep 2016, 12:00 PM Agree 0
    Never decide what is frivolous until a judge hands down the decision.
  • Rachelle | 30 Sep 2016, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    It's not about the worth of the property, it's about what investors were told about the value of the property and the risk involved in the investment were told.

Some developements are already gone bankrupt and "been restructured" and some developers are not continuing their interest payments.

• Michele Hall | 03 Oct 2016, 01:47 PM Agree 0
    Here is what is boggling my mind, I am a broker in Barrie and they are still selling in Barrie and trying to raise funds here. They are still not informing investors of the risks.... THIS MUST BE STOPPED !~! THEY ARE NOT EDUCATING THE CONSUMER. I HAVE CLIENTS WHO HAVE COME TO ME WITH THE PROPOSALS THINKING THIS IS LOW RISK INVESTMENTS !
  • Paul Redley | 14 Oct 2016, 09:31 AM Agree 0
    What is going on with Fortress? Now another class-action lawsuit? This one allege overvaluation of land to investors?

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/manitoba/fortress-land-values-1.3802841

Investors in these projects and others should do their homework and get independent legal advice on what is going on.
    Paul Redley
Post a reply