Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 11 May 2011, 08:00 AM Agree 0
While tougher mortgage rules have rekindled interest in condos, rising fees coupled with first-time buyer fears have limited the ability of brokers to capitalize on it.
  • Julia Krause | 12 May 2011, 04:02 AM Agree 0
    "Four-in-five also said they’d be unwilling to pay more than $400 a month." As a long-time mortgage broker and a long-time member of my strata council ('condo board') I just want to say that it's important for clients to really understand why condo fees are the amount they are, and what that money is paying for. It's challenging to keep condo fees low (or even stable) when service providers constantly raise prices, and insurance costs are high, just to name 2 things... and there are SO many other things to factor in. Also, the more amenities a building or development has, the higher the condo fees will be. You get what you pay for. Living in a condo/townhouse isn't for everyone, but for some people, it can be the ideal thing.
Post a reply