Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 09 Sep 2014, 10:27 AM Agree 0
A new report from a major regulator will likely inspire confidence in home buyers to turn to mortgage brokers.
  • Layth Matthews | 09 Sep 2014, 02:27 PM Agree 0
    As long as there are two banks in Canada, there is a role for mortgage brokers. Because banks have an incentive to widen the margins and under the finder's fee system we have here in Canada, brokers have an incentive to keep them narrow.

It would be great if mortgage brokerage regulation could be streamlined across Canada because the lenders and the mortgages are basically identical.

The merits of bringing in cheap capital are obviously beneficial for any jurisdiction.

What we also need now is some kind of standardized Environmental rating system for houses. So people who take the trouble to build or buy existing environmentally sensitive and super energy efficient homes get easier terms and a meaningful discount, not just a couple of bucks off the CMHC fee.

The business case for Energy efficiency is growing rapidly.

I hate to say it, but I guess you could take a half - step by factoring in actual heat costs.
  • rhéau séguin | 09 Sep 2014, 03:55 PM Agree 0
    BROKERS CAN EVEN BY DOWN THE RATE,BUT BANKS WOULD'NT DO. THATS A +and also they can only sell there products, brokers have many difference products then the banks.
Post a reply