Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 27 Jan 2014, 07:29 AM Agree 0
CAAMP has been the sole provider of the accredited mortgage broker course for just under a year, but it may not be for much longer, following recommendations that the government take up concerns over whether one provider is enough.
  • Paolo Di Petta | dipettamortgage.com | 27 Jan 2014, 09:33 AM Agree 0
    As someone part of the last Seneca College Mortgage Broker class before it was handed over to CAAMP, I take issue with that “I sincerely hope (CAAMP doesn’t) screw up as badly as the community colleges have,” comment.

The program was VERY well run at Seneca, thorough in curruculum, and it actually came from an education provider that is well recognized among clients.

Having the program at an accredited college give it more transparency, instead of having a group like CAAMP managing it - who also performs other industry functions that create a conflict of interest.

If we want to straighten this industry out, we need to put it back in the colleges and universities, not take it away.
  • BC Broker | 27 Jan 2014, 12:41 PM Agree 0
    It's ironic that CAAMP is pushing hard on BC and Alta to allow multiple providers
Post a reply