Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 27 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
One mortgage lender in Alberta has a question for an economics professor predicting the current recession will last longer than expected – what recession are you talking about?
  • Victor Simone | 27 Aug 2015, 02:00 PM Agree 0
    I agree with Mr. Shore of Optimum, and I will be a bit more boastful and say that, if this is a recession then it's the greatest recession in the history of Canada. The US just had a huge recession and and long economic downturn. Canada was nowhere close to the American recession or past Canadian recessions prior to the early 90s.
  • tom | 27 Aug 2015, 05:04 PM Agree 0
    Don't listen to a mortgage guy. He does not like to hear recession because it will have an impact on his business. Lol.. he wants people to take mortgages so he gets his big commission.
  • tom | 27 Aug 2015, 05:15 PM Agree 0
    Reality is if the economy was in good shape, BOC would not have dropped the rate 2 times with a high possibility of a 3rd cut . Give it a few months (November to January) and then see how bad things are.
  • Franko | 27 Aug 2015, 08:46 PM Agree 0
    What nonsense.
Post a reply