Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 20 May 2015, 09:14 AM Agree 0
When it comes to one bank’s Realtor referral program, brokers are focusing on the wrong issue, according to one broker.
  • Tony | 20 May 2015, 09:53 AM Agree 0
    I'm not sure of any lender that treats brokers on a level playing field against their other channels... and if you think otherwise then you are probably just being fooled.
  • Ron Butler | 20 May 2015, 10:53 AM Agree 0
    I am with Tony, mortgage brokers need to forget about complaining about things that will never change. We are just another distribution channel to banks. Make the most out of the good products the big banks offer and also support monolines and broker oriented banks because they dedicate themselves to our channel. Work for the consumer to deliver the best value and quit worrying about perceived "fairness" life and business is never fair.
  • George Christopoulos | 20 May 2015, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    Tony and Ron that is a given.
    Every lender looks after themselves first.
  • Walid Hammami | 11 Aug 2015, 08:46 PM Agree 0
    Lucky you guys.. Here in Quebec all Banks offer referral fees to realtors, financial planners, insurance agents and even general contractors.

Add to that we have one third of the lenders you have access to. Because here in Quebec most of the monolines you have access to did not comply the french language rules so they can't operate here.

We adapted somehow each with a different strategy.
Post a reply