Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 18 May 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Combination mortgages are rising in popularity among Canadians, with 40 per cent of those polled in RBC's 17th Annual Homeowners Survey saying if they were to purchase a home within the next couple of years, they would plan on taking out a combination mortgage, higher than the 32 per cent in 2009 who opted for combination mortgages.
  • AB Mortgage Broker | 19 May 2010, 02:12 AM Agree 0
    Let's face it, the banks favor these types of setups because they get to register it as a collateral charge. These products work great for retention purposes! If that's not bad enough, the banks with also stagger the maturity dates so to handcuff the client for life.
  • John _ON_Broker | 19 May 2010, 02:24 AM Agree 0
    Amen to the comment above, exactly what I was thinking.
  • John _ON_Broker | 19 May 2010, 02:24 AM Agree 0
    Amen to the comment above, exactly what I was thinking.
  • BC Broker | 21 May 2010, 05:59 AM Agree 0
    Mmmm... luke-warm water. Just what I've never wanted and what I never offer to clients.
  • BC Broker | 21 May 2010, 05:59 AM Agree 0
    P.s. The best of NO worlds.
  • RGregory | 09 Jun 2010, 01:30 AM Agree 0
    I'd disagree with AB Mortgage broker. The Merix product requires that both sides mature at the same time. Client cannot lock in the ARM portion to a term greater then what is remaining.
Post a reply