Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 03 Aug 2010, 10:26 AM Agree 0
The Royal Bank of Canada trimmed several of its rates on Thursday July 30.
  • Ken | 04 Aug 2010, 04:15 AM Agree 0
    Canada's largest mortgage lender ?? Are you sure your info is right ?? Considering they do not participate in any mortgage brokerage network and their sales force is OK at best, their turn around time is a week and they do not have the rates offered by many other institutions - I find your comment "far etched" to say the least !! Scotia Bank was already at 4.29 for the past 2 weeks never mind 18 other lenders .. So I believe you are writing what RBC is telling you and not what is truly happening !!!
  • Ed | 04 Aug 2010, 04:25 AM Agree 0
    The information provided by you is irrelevant to 99% of the mortgage brokers and agents. The last information that I know of is R.B.C. DOESN'T support any brokerage house. Why was this article allowed to be printed on this form. Give us something that a mortgage house will find useful and beneficial to our industry.
  • Zoltan M Padar | 04 Aug 2010, 04:48 AM Agree 0
    It is only news, but why it is relevent to any Brokers its beyond me....
  • Stevan K | 04 Aug 2010, 06:08 AM Agree 0
    I think it is good information to know. For example some clients that I encounter also shop RBC. Therefore, I enjoy knowing what they are offering now. And Ken, the size of the lender is not determined by their rates, and service. It is the total annual volume which RBC leads in I believe.
  • M | 04 Aug 2010, 08:45 AM Agree 0
    If you need to know RBC's rates just check their website. I agree that we really don't care what RBC is doing. They aren't a broker friendly bank and I believe the magazine is called CMP (Canadian Mortgage Broker)
  • Steve | 04 Aug 2010, 11:00 PM Agree 0
    Definitely something important for brokers to know. Banks are the biggest competition we face, so we need to know what we're up against. As an FYI, RBC is offering 3.84% on 60 day rate holds. I think it's time for our non bank lenders to drop below 4% to keep us competitive.
  • Lee | 06 Aug 2010, 11:42 PM Agree 0
    This site is losing any credibility it has, you are not confirming the info you are posting, you are posting info that is not positive to the brokerage industry. start posting relevant news, that is of interest to the mortgage brokerage community.
  • mortgage needs | 07 Aug 2010, 12:32 AM Agree 0
    It is always good to know what the banks which don't work through broker channels are offering.
    BTW has this been verified or is it a hearsay from a client shopping around for rates ? Thx.
  • David | 09 Aug 2010, 02:26 AM Agree 0
    I appreciate RBC for not following other banks and bank of canada.I do not understand yet why the interest rates high when there are no jobs so far.

RBC rightly understood the job market.Let other banks learn it.
  • BORING | 10 Aug 2010, 06:41 AM Agree 0
    Boooooooooooring. How about something original for once? Like I need to know what RBC is doing.
  • John | 13 Aug 2010, 04:02 AM Agree 0
    I like to hear what the competition is doing and RBC is one of my competitors (actually my biggest source lately. They are just treating thier clients like garbage down here) On another note I have heard all sorts of numbers being thrown around....RBC is the biggest....TD is the cheapest....Verico does 20 trillion...DLC does 20.005 trillion. I know the numbers come from the companies themselves but is there anyway to verify? Oh by the way, my brokerage is the largest in Canada, doing 50 billion all by ourselves.
Post a reply