Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 01 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
One broker held a Black Friday mortgage special; were clients rushing to take advantage?
  • BJ | 01 Dec 2015, 10:52 AM Agree 0
    You CAN get these rates everyday, just go to RATESPY.
  • MP | 01 Dec 2015, 11:00 AM Agree 0
    Talk about a great way to devalue the services of a mortgage broker and buy into this crazy black Friday garbage. What's next? Boxing Day 1/2 price mortgages?
  • Cory | 01 Dec 2015, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    Love it. Buy down a rate, earn a client that way, add them to a data base, renew them 2-3 times in the future, get a couple referrals from them. Could be 20-30K worth of business just by trying something new. No devaluation at all, just an opportunity to prove your value.
  • BJ | 02 Dec 2015, 06:11 PM Agree 0
    I disagree Cory - if you are buying down a mortgage and make virtually zero money, how is that proving your "value". Buying down the rate IS your value. The client (and their referrals) are going to expect it on every deal. "Could" be worth 20-30K but I doubt it - you've already set the precedence that buying down rates IS your value. At $0 per deal you're gonna have to do a lot to make that $20K-$30K.

Post a reply