Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 31 Jul 2014, 09:59 AM Agree 0
The private insurers continue to win a larger piece of the mortgage default insurance pie following CMHC’s program cuts, with one major insurer reporting strong second quarter earnings.
  • tom adamson | 04 Aug 2014, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    Finally an article that touches the point when (I believe) it comes to CMHC and its burden to the taxpayer.
    My point: my opinion is that CMHC does not belong in the mortgage back security business and this segment should be left to the private insurers.
    Let the two private insurers take the risk and leave CMHC to do best what it does; provide stability to our housing market and the needs of the first time buyer needing a 95% loan advance.
  • rhéau séguin | 04 Aug 2014, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    but some lender have a automatic switch from CMHC TO genworh IFN YOUR LUKY THEY'LL CHOOSE gENWORTH IF NOT CMHC. since when do we have to gamble with the insurer I think that it to risky to take that chance, this is a gambling situation witch many brokers are not to happy with
  • Toolate | 13 Aug 2014, 04:36 PM Agree 0
    Its too late. Private banks have already got politicians to put taxpayers in the firing line for 1.3 trillion of sub-prime mortgage junk.

Banks get to make money on the way up in this housing Ponzi scheme, do taxpayers (suckers) get to eat the loss on the way down via CMHC?
Post a reply