Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 17 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The majority of the industry is concerned about an upcoming disclosure rule change and, perhaps, rightfully so as one company is already trying to take advantage
  • Blair Anderson | 17 Dec 2015, 10:45 AM Agree 0
    “I was surprised to recently learn just how much mortgage brokers get as commission,” a PR rep for doyourownmortgage.com wrote to MortgageBrokerNews.ca.

Really? This so-called DIY mortgage company, is the product INVIS. Mortgage brokerage license #10801. At least they are compliant with the regulations and disclosing that little tid-bit at the bottom of their website. Just how naïve do you think consumers are?
  • Jacob | 17 Dec 2015, 04:44 PM Agree 0
    As I recall, Gary's open letter and appointing himself as a spokesperson for the industry were soundly trashed. Attributing a widely-held belief to one person is not great journalism. The industry and MBN can do better. Many brokers have the concern expressed.
  • Blair Anderson | 17 Dec 2015, 10:25 PM Agree 0
    I apologize for any misunderstanding. My comments above are more accurately directed at the INVIS mortgage agent, Lionel Khoury (License# M08002500). The apparent founder of doyourownmortgage.com. Not INVIS, the brokerage. Having said that, perhaps INVIS compliance and Lionel should have a chat about the message they are both sending.
  • Nick Bachusky | 18 Dec 2015, 12:26 AM Agree 0
    Thank you Blair for pointing that out. That right there lacks integrity and trust and that is unfortunate.
  • Blair Anderson | 18 Dec 2015, 10:08 AM Agree 0
    There is nothing wrong with getting the consumer more engaged in the process. In fact, I encourage it. But don’t discount, or even worse, misrepresent, the valuable service you contribute to the process as a financial intermediary. Good job Lionel, you just need to tweak your message.
Post a reply