Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 10 Sep 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A poll asking brokers whether they’re more inclined to send a deal to a new “broker-owned bank” than an existing lender partner had a quarter of respondents answering “yes” even before receiving any details.
  • PeterD | 10 Sep 2013, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    Is this what you would call putting a positive spin on a story? If a quarter of respondents answering “yes” Then 3/4 said "no" and that I am sure would be the result if the Bank was formed. Like all lenders it would have to earn the business, and, it would also have to compete with other lenders to get funds. Therefore we could expect no special deals!
  • Walid Hammami | 12 Sep 2013, 10:08 AM Agree 0
    I don't think 3/4 th meant no. Once we start talking about a bank acquired by brokers and its benefits we will see things differently. Banks do steal our clients and yes banks do compete against us with their mobile sales force. Why not have a bank owned by brokers that can put ressure on the big 6. If they disband their work mobile force they will be evenening the odds if we do own a bank. Am all for it. Now tell me how can I help in this ?
Post a reply