Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 09 Aug 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
It’s the hottest – and most hotly debated – topic concerning Canadian real estate, and now it’s time for brokers to have their say
  • Omer Quenneville | 09 Aug 2016, 10:19 AM Agree 0
    I think any transaction in progress should be exempt without question. That being said the average Canadian should not be squeezed out of housing because of foreign investment without a contribution to the cause by way of a tax. The question is what will this new "revenue tool" be use for? General coffers? That would be wrong, it should be used to get more Canadians into the market. If we don't help Canadians now, we will have to take care of them in their senior years and the foreign investors will be gone with their profit. That might be a little long term for some but it is important.
  • Tomas | 09 Aug 2016, 01:24 PM Agree 0
    Omer,

Smart, rational comment about the social cost, well said.

Anything scarce in this country should go to Canadians first.

• Girts Gubins | 09 Aug 2016, 01:30 PM Agree 0
    There is no such thing as a good tax. And what is the government doing with the money giving it back to the citizens of BC, I doubt it.
  • Justin | 12 Aug 2016, 04:26 AM Agree 0
    It is amazing to see the opinions that evolve from the 15% tax. My Family has lived in the same two block radius for 4 generations. I know that will not continue but all my children should be able to stay in the City. Every Country in the World should have a Government that makes choices for the betterment of its people. I don't know if the 15% tax will protect the people of the City but at least the Government has attempted to protect the citizens.
Post a reply