Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 29 May 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
New data points to a growing trend among homebuyers and brokers who aren’t cultivating an online presence are being left behind.
  • Broker | 29 May 2015, 10:04 AM Agree 0
    I do not doubt that online leads are a huge part of our business but I also want people to know that with no online exposure. No online advertising and a focus on customer service & realtor relationships, that you can be a top 5% mortgage broker. It all works, focus on what works best for you.
  • Ron Butler | 29 May 2015, 12:13 PM Agree 0
    @ Broker, you are correct in your point but wrong on the trend. In 5 years no broker without a strong online presence can hope to stay in the top 5% of mortgage brokers.
  • Broker2 | 29 May 2015, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    Google is the new Yellow Pages. If you're not online with a professional looking website, you're irrelevant to the vast majority of today's young consumers.
  • Broker | 29 May 2015, 01:30 PM Agree 0
    The best online presence around cannot hide the fact that some brokers provide bad service. Ron, you know that the best website & online advertising around cannot compete with you if you get the chance to sit down with that client. The client would acknowledge you have twice the knowledge and expertise and would not be going back to the fancy website.
  • Ron Butler | 29 May 2015, 01:37 PM Agree 0
    My point was about staying in the top 5%. Bronze age mortgage brokering will definitely continue, I have always said that plain vanilla mortgage brokerage will always be there but HIGH VOLUME brokerage in the future requires embracing all aspects of the web and electronic commerce; Social Media, skyping meetings, Apple and Android apps, its a long list of adaptations to maintain big numbers.
  • Mark Brennan | 30 May 2015, 12:34 AM Agree 0
    Where's the spam reporting button...
Post a reply