Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 30 Sep 2009, 08:40 AM Agree 0
Some economists are claiming the worst of the recession is behind us. BMO expert John Turner recently spoke with CMP's sister publication, CRE, about what this could mean for the real estate market and interest rates going forward.
  • Christopher | 30 Sep 2009, 11:47 PM Agree 0
    Don't you love it when an economist says 'on the other hand'?
  • Ken | 01 Oct 2009, 12:08 AM Agree 0
    Okay, my question/ concern is, why do they keep talking to this guy when BMO keeps saying that they don't and won't deal with Brokers? I did, however find it kind of funny that he put a plug in for their MS's at the end.
  • Jim Norrie | 01 Oct 2009, 12:19 AM Agree 0
    I find it hard to believe that you would give Turner any press. He is without a doubt the worst economist in Canada and has always sounded like a weather forecaster. The world economy will not improve until unemployment goes down for three straight quarters and therefore, interest rates will stay flat through at least 2010.
  • Gary | 01 Oct 2009, 02:30 AM Agree 0
    If CMP is for the brokers then don't talk with lenders whom are not interested in broker business.
  • Bruce | 01 Oct 2009, 03:31 AM Agree 0
    Like every single Broker out there, I also don't like BMO for obvious reasons. And I'm sure their are better Economists too. But it doesn't make what John Turner says any less relevant than if he was with CIBC.
Post a reply