Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 26 Jan 2015, 11:06 AM Agree 0
Finance Minister Joe Oliver has said he will not interfere with the housing market – or force banks to lower their interest rates, despite the Bank of Canada’s announced rate cut.
  • Steve | 26 Jan 2015, 01:26 PM Agree 0
    Great time to buy bank stocks. Dividends will be up if they get interest savings and don't have to pass it onto the customer.
  • Derek Austin | 26 Jan 2015, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    So tell me again why they said they needed to drop the interest rate ? When the oil prices drop less people will buy houses , then the banks will drop their rates to attract new business . The bank of Canada didn't need to do any thing . Also CMHC doesn't know what's going on , they can't even figure out that the Condo market is hugely foreign owned !
  • Broker | 26 Jan 2015, 02:43 PM Agree 0
    I agree Derek. Did the BOC reduce rates to help our economy during a slump, or did they reduce rates to help banks earn more money?? Banks are breaking records with profit while our economy is taking a hit, what a joke - they should force banks to follow suit.
Post a reply