Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 31 Aug 2015, 02:28 PM Agree 0
The mortgage REIT chaired by a former CFF executive is now laying out the details of its bid for CFF Bank – even as Home Capital awaits a decision on its own offer.
  • Alberta bound | 31 Aug 2015, 06:42 PM Agree 0
    How long will a 12 million infusion last...according to public records the Last quarter was around a loss of over 5 million if I am not mistaken. So what happens in 6 months ?
  • Anthony | 31 Aug 2015, 06:59 PM Agree 0
    Shareholders crazy not to accept home capital offer
  • Walid Hammami | 31 Aug 2015, 10:00 PM Agree 0
    Wow, seems like I was right (I commented on a recently CAAMP acquired blog :) )

That's the right play from Westbridge (with maybe a few tweaks).

Hopefully their management will have a vision, because if they play their cards right they could be the positive disruption that the industry needs.
  • Mark | 04 Sep 2015, 03:12 PM Agree 0
    i wonder why CFF would go with HT....
    on the face of it it seems like the westbridge offer is a much better value.....
    there may be a risk there in that osfi may not approve it....

but i'd suspect bank regulators would rather have to manage a small-bank risk/problem than bring a behemoth like home trust into the banking system......especially given HT's recent (and past) regulatory problems....
    it's a much higher systematic risk, and i don't think these regulators are as dumb....
  • Stephanie Lopushinsky Gotobrokers | 06 Sep 2015, 02:08 PM Agree 0
    Have they negotiated the trailers owed to Brokers for their past loyalties to Moncana then CFF and now?
Post a reply