Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 10 Sep 2014, 11:33 AM Agree 0
When a win-win outcome is impossible you need to know how to protect your business.
  • Alphonse Negro | 11 Sep 2014, 08:29 PM Agree 0
    Sometimes you just have to walk away without feeling guilty. Another oportunity is around the corner. Do not waste energy on confrontational or destructive clients. If it cannot be win - win walk away.. It is beyond reason why for example mortgae brokers buy down rates just to close a deal and not earn their rightful earnings.. This hurts the business. It is OK to walk away if you are not in a Win_Win situation..
  • Ron Butler | 12 Sep 2014, 11:53 AM Agree 0
    @ Alphonse "their rightful earnings" ........... seriously like it is NOT a free market place, full commissions are "right" and discounted commissions "hurt the business". I am fairly certain consumers don't feel that way.
  • alphonse negro | 12 Sep 2014, 01:16 PM Agree 0
    its a question of transparency and consistancy in the industry. Is the industry on the same page..
  • Ron Butler | 12 Sep 2014, 01:29 PM Agree 0
    @ Alphonse, so if I am clear on what you're saying, you want the industry to get together and force everyone to charge full commission with no rate buy downs? Really??
Post a reply