Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 14 Oct 2011, 10:00 AM Agree 0
Forget eight per cent.

CAAMP President Jim Murphy is suggesting Ontario could lose as much as 15 per cent of its brokers and agents with new re-licensing requirements, effectively erasing gains made since the last major cull.
  • Dean | 15 Oct 2011, 05:07 AM Agree 0
    I don't think less brokers in the industry is a problem. As an industry we need to focus on quality more then quality. I can promise you that there are a few brokers in this country that can do as much buisness as 20 other brokers and still have a higher quality of service. We have an oppotunity in this country to raise the bar on who is in our industry.
  • Another Broker | 15 Oct 2011, 05:48 AM Agree 0
    not a bad attrition rate seeing as about 75% should be out of the business. The more that leave means that the better ones stay.
  • Rob Campbell | 15 Oct 2011, 06:10 AM Agree 0
    Totally agree here that this isn't a bad thing. The bar needs to be raised. Those that are good will stay, those that are just in it for the 1 or 2 deals a year on a casual basis will fall off.
    @therobcampbell
  • Paul Mangion | 15 Oct 2011, 07:52 AM Agree 0
    Let's raise the FSCO fee's and see if we can make it 25%. Then the real agents can make a better living and not have to compete with part timers who are joining the industry only because they see easy money and dont realize how hard it actually is.
  • John Dearin | 17 Oct 2011, 01:51 AM Agree 0
    I don't think CAAMP will accept the loss of brokers as this equates to a loss of income for them. Providing the free relicensing course to Ontario brokers is just the first step to where our non-Ontario fees will be spent to retain Ontario brokers. Makes you believe that another organization is indeed needed. I will be asking my own CAAMP rep if he agrees with this diversion of funds that could be used for advertising. If he does, I will campaign against his re-election
  • AMP Broker | 19 Oct 2011, 04:56 AM Agree 0
    CAAMP is absolutely right. Relicensing education is just another regulatory block to prevent people making a living. Thankfully CAAMP is working to keep standards accessible to everyone. Good work
  • Christopher | 22 Oct 2011, 05:05 AM Agree 0
    Rather than focus on fees, I would prefer raising the bar several notches on education. Those who don't trouble themselves to be better informed shouldn't be in the industry.
Post a reply