Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 11 Jul 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Supply shortages have led to intensified price growth in Canada’s hottest real estate markets, according to a recent study
  • Jim Francisco | 11 Jul 2016, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    On the same page, one could very well argue, that unscrupulous lending institutions that fail to insist on income verification, are as responsible for housing cost/price inflation as supply side delay caused by Municipal 'delay'. What amount of 'delay', to verify house plans/check drainage run-off conditions (i.e. impact on neighbouring properties), etc. etc. would the Fraser Institute consider to be acceptable? I would assume, the answer is zero. If zero, there remains the vested interest of the development market which has its own interests to LIMIT SUPPLY AS WELL. The Fraser Institute has not considered this. And is blind to it. For a crash course on SELF INTEREST IN DEVELEPMENT DELAY of land for housing stock, take a primer at an ECONOMICS 101 course, maybe starting with SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY down the block or UBC. Thanks! Jim
  • Jim Francisco | 11 Jul 2016, 11:40 AM Agree 0
    Further required reading: Jamer Lorimer, "The Developers", Lorimer Press: 1970s or so (if you can find it).
Post a reply