Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 27 Jan 2014, 07:18 AM Agree 0
The man tasked with reviewing the Mortgage Brokerages, Lenders and Administrators Act, 2006 (MBLAA) has presented his recommendations to Ontario’s Minister of Finance; with higher educational standards for agents and brokers among his chief objectives.
  • Paolo Di Petta | dipettamortgage.com | 27 Jan 2014, 09:29 AM Agree 0
    A curious absence is moving the certification back to unbiased, accredited institutions. As long as education remains in the hands of CAAMP, it's just going to be a never-ending series of cash grabs, and fluffy curricula.
  • Judy | 27 Jan 2014, 10:24 AM Agree 0
    I totally agree with the "cash grabs" and "fluffy curricula" comments. Most of the courses offered may be very good for new brokers (??), but it's a struggle every year for me (I have about 35 years in lending, with a major bank and as a broker) to find anything, that isn't a total waste of my time, to get enough credits.
  • BC Broker | 27 Jan 2014, 12:40 PM Agree 0
    BC and Alberta have stringent licensing and relicensing criteria. CAAMP promotes an easy entry, low maintenance program. Considering salaries at CAAMP are contingent on membership numbers, this policy is not surprising.
Post a reply