Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 16 Oct 2015, 03:29 PM Agree 0
New regulation is coming and the industry wasn’t properly consulted prior to the decision being made, argues one association
  • Dustan Woodhouse | 16 Oct 2015, 03:47 PM Agree 0
    And so enters yet another challenge for the Broker.

Question, will the Bank rep (MMS) channel who are compensated in a very similar fashion be subjected to this same disclosure?

Why single out one channel only?

Explaining to clients the nature of being self employed, having zero health benefits, pension, vacation pay, and carrying all the costs of rent, telephone, computers, etc. along with the time invested daily on files that fail to complete should be a barrel of fun.

Not productive, and not beneficial to the consumer unless the picture is crystal clear to them across all channels.
  • Donna Telep | 16 Oct 2015, 06:19 PM Agree 0
    I fully agree with Samantha Gale on this. Why are these changes being proposed? I have not heard any concerns voiced by consumers on this issue, which in my opinion, should be the only reason for FICOM to push this forward. Definitely the industry should be involved in the conversation and be given the opportunity to enter the discussion.
Post a reply