Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 04 Mar 2014, 09:03 AM Agree 0
The Canadian housing market is set for a potential 20 per cent correction over the next five years, according to the head of Canadian portfolio management for a global investment firm.
  • John Van Driel | 04 Mar 2014, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    If we get a 20% correction, the banks couldn't keep up with their "underwater demands" for additional equity! We could all get jobs as appraisers, and collectors!!
  • Salim J Kanji HLCHomeLoans Canada | 04 Mar 2014, 12:14 PM Agree 0
    Haveing been underwriting mortgages for many years, I have noticed that the business has not slowed down, however, what has happened is that the clients are now prepared to pay higher interest rates from the alternative sources. They come to the table already with a mind set that they will have to pay premium for the mortgages should they not qualify with an A lender. An Educated customer is aware of what is going on in the market and that the Regulators have a hand to play as well.
    Yes, We are due for a correction and that is what we have been saying for the past 10 years or so!
  • Salim J Kanji HLCHomeLoans Canada | 04 Mar 2014, 12:14 PM Agree 0
    Haveing been underwriting mortgages for many years, I have noticed that the business has not slowed down, however, what has happened is that the clients are now prepared to pay higher interest rates from the alternative sources. They come to the table already with a mind set that they will have to pay premium for the mortgages should they not qualify with an A lender. An Educated customer is aware of what is going on in the market and that the Regulators have a hand to play as well.
    Yes, We are due for a correction and that is what we have been saying for the past 10 years or so!
  • Paul Mangion | 04 Mar 2014, 05:04 PM Agree 0
    As long as inventory stays low I doubt there will be anywhere near a 10% decrease in prices. It will certainly flatten out which would be a good thing.
Post a reply