Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 07 Aug 2011, 09:05 AM Agree 0
Mortgage Alliance has officially found a new home for its industry-leading Right Mortgage, giving Paradigm Quest – and “multiple lenders” under its umbrella – the nod.
  • AB Broker | 05 Aug 2011, 03:41 AM Agree 0
    The "Right Mortgage"?? This is a gutted mortgage, what's right about it?

Our industry needs to educate consumers and put them into products that offer flexibility and value! These gutted types offer a lower rate, which is attractive to the uneducated consumer, but are the limitations worth it? My clients utilize their prepayment options on a regular basis as a part of the mortgage plan we set up for them. I guess one could always bait the client with the low rate and switch after full disclosure. Is that ethical?

On with the Mortgage Revolution!
  • NL Broker | 05 Aug 2011, 04:39 AM Agree 0
    Re AB Broker
    You should be more informed before you pass judgement
  • @kiltedbroker | 05 Aug 2011, 05:22 AM Agree 0
    Well, I am curious how this product is actually being presented and sold. Do MAC agents take part in marketing the lowest rate this product offers (and then bait and switch) or are they marketing the product for the flexibility that it actually can provide. NL Broker, I am curious... maybe we should Google some MAC agents websites to see?
  • Joe Pinheiro | 05 Aug 2011, 06:21 AM Agree 0
    Great to see so much interest in the RightMortgage and as sometimes happen on these types of blogs, the uninformed wish to comment without actually knowing what it is they are commenting about.

This is far from a “strip down mortgage”. It’s actually a process that gives consumers a choice while providing much needed counsel.
    Canadians want and deserve transparency in the mortgage and have to a right to see how a mortgage really works and what makes up an interest rate so that they can be informed and make an educated decision. By offering the RightMortgage to Canadians this gives them the opportunity to be part of the mortgage process instead of being sold a mortgage product based solely on rate. No wonder more than 4 billion dollars of RightMortgage’s have been funded to date.

Want to learn more and find out what it really is..feel free to contact me anytime..jpinheiro@mortgagealliance.com

P.S...still wonder why no one likes to put their name along with the comments...oh well.
  • YS | 05 Aug 2011, 06:25 AM Agree 0
    I love the RightMortgage ...use it all the time.
  • @kiltedbroker | 05 Aug 2011, 06:44 AM Agree 0
    Well, I just Googled Right Mortgage and it doesn't seem like there is anyone really pushing this product online. MAC agents all seem to have a static website and a rate box. The only thing written about the Right Mortgage (that I could find in my initial short search) was that on the MAC website and it sold the product for its features. Definitely interesting to note!
  • Michael Beckette | 05 Aug 2011, 08:02 AM Agree 0
    Funny, I googled the kilted broker. Maybe we should be celebrating the success of our fellow brokers rather than trying to criticize what we don't understand. RightMortgage works for our brokers and history is proof. We try to focus on bettering ourselves rather than beating down others. Thx.
  • @kiltedbroker | 06 Aug 2011, 02:27 AM Agree 0
    Michael, my comments were in response to the comment left by AB Broker that the Right Mortgage was a "gutted type mortgage" - so I challenged that and did some research and what I came up with is that MAC agents are not presenting it all stripped down and commented that the product was being demonstrated for its features (which I think is a great thing). I sincerely apologize if it came off as "beating down others", that was not my intention, quite the opposite. I was quite pleased to find that the lowest rate was not the driving marketing factor behind the Right Mortgage! Guess I need to work on my clarity in responses and blog postings! Have a great weekend!
  • Elsie Miller-Spear | 08 Aug 2011, 03:04 AM Agree 0
    RE: AB Broker

I don't usually put in my two cents worth but here it goes.
    You (AB Broker) really should get your facts straight. We as Agents and Brokers do NOT bait clients with rates, sell them a product and then say oh well, see you. We show and explain our product and it is giving the client the best Mortgage Package available. By the way I am a Brand New Agent in the industry and the company and even I was able to see the benefits of the Right Mortgage.
    Perhaps Micheal would allow you to sit in as a guest on our update session this week so that you may become more informed before being critcal.

• Lisette Amalfi - Mortgage Alliance Oac Mortgages | 12 Aug 2011, 04:50 AM Agree 0
    Without concern our clients have been placed into the RightMortgage because and only because it was the right mortgage product for them, just the same reason we would place them with any of our lender partners.
    We get to know what our clients want/need in a mortgage and then educate them with option and choice - isn't that what being a mortgage broker is all about?
    I will gladly discuss from the broker perspective the benefit to our clients, our business and the industry that the RightMortgage has provided. It may look like just another white label - find out the difference. Lamalfi@tmacc.com
Post a reply