Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 08 Aug 2014, 11:19 AM Agree 0
A leading lender is enjoying significant growth and support from the broker networks across Canada following its investment in one of those networks.
  • Ron Butler | 08 Aug 2014, 01:32 PM Agree 0
    I think if a lender has good programs and good rates brokers will use them. Brokers other than MA have used Radius for years. If it is good for the client brokers should not care about any lender affiliation to a brokerage network when they are looking for the best fit for a client.
  • Jake Abramowicz | 08 Aug 2014, 02:35 PM Agree 0
    I doubt there's no bias, since Verico agents get paid on renewal from B2B but others don't. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one?

• Ron Butler | 08 Aug 2014, 02:51 PM Agree 0
    I don't know about renewal and I never pay attention to so-called renewal payments from any lender because a whole lot can happen in the 5 years and the broker ends up with zero renewal money by some strange twist of fate; but my point was nothing about bias. I don't understand the bias issue? A VERICO guy is going to get easier underwriting? Anyone who thinks that, does not know B2B, so I don't get bias. My point was that if the program and the rate were the best deal available for our clients why would we care if the lender was affiliated with a broker network. If Mortgage Edge operated a MIC that was available to all brokers and they were the best available rate for my client, I would use that MIC, I would not care about the corporate relationship.
Post a reply