Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 25 Jul 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A disgraced New Brunswick mortgage broker has now been ordered to repay his victims $600,000 and banned from the investment industry for life, an encouraging sign for tougher regulations in the mortgage industry, said the president of the East Coast brokers’ association.
  • Mohamed Manzoor | 25 Jul 2013, 08:28 AM Agree 0
    Although this is a terrible news for the brokers in the industry as it removes the consumers confidence in Brokers. A few bad apples can really hurt the industry.
    This is the biggest reason most consumers are at the banks and ok with 1.5% GIC returns.
  • www.bestrateplus.com | 25 Jul 2013, 08:37 AM Agree 0
    and that is why consumers need to check out the best rates at the same time they check out the reputation of the broker.... a simple phone call to FSCO could save the consumer a lot of money and stress! www.bestrateplus.com
  • Ron Butler | 25 Jul 2013, 10:51 AM Agree 0
    @bestratesplus.com: seriously Oliver, this is not a forum to promote an individual webpage. The commentary also makes little sense, FSCO is in Ontario not the Maritimes and a phone call to a regulator would not have helped at all, this person's registration would have been in good standing until the day it was not.

This man was involved in a Ponzi scheme and they are very hard to catch until they unravel. Ask all of Bernie Madoff's clients.
  • www.bestrateplus.com | 25 Jul 2013, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    Feel free to call FSCO or your local equivalent/similar 'policing' agency/agencies. And,of course, if you are not satisfied, do more 'due diligence' til u are !! Or better yet, simply call a professional broker to 'guide' you realistically, and also offer the best rates ! (a natural win-win option!
  • Ottawa Broker | 25 Jul 2013, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    @BestRatesPlus,
    What a joke, your business is that slow that you have to resort to making a plug for business on this forum?
    Totally hilarious.
  • ON Broker | 25 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    hey Bestrateplus, just went to your site, your rates aren't even the best out there, and that is without buying them down. I guess this is the best advertising you can afford, making statements on open forums. maybe I should plug my website, I have better rates than you do.
  • BC Broker | 25 Jul 2013, 12:52 PM Agree 0
    Leave him alone folks, your negative comments and attacks are only going to drive people to visit his site. They also don't paint a very nice picture of our industry to the many consumers that read this forum.
  • Ron Butler | 25 Jul 2013, 01:18 PM Agree 0
    @ BC Broker, what is not nice is using a news forum for the mortgage industry to promote your own website. It is necessary in my opinion to discourage people from shamelessly plugging the name of their website and offering the chance for great rates and brilliant professionalism. This is a news site not an advertising site.
Post a reply