Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 29 Oct 2012, 10:54 AM Agree 0
If you’re one of our many readers riled by anonymous comments on MortgageBusinessNews.ca, take cheer: a Conservative MP wants to outlaw the practice.
  • John Dearin RPA,. AMP. | 31 Oct 2012, 12:57 AM Agree 0
    I can`t agree with `Kilted Broker ` re the anonymous poster would only “feel safe to freely express their thoughts when their true identity is not known``. I don’t get that. I generally don`t read posts by anonymous posters anyway and the few that I have read get zero weight. Having looked back at Kilted Broker’s posts, he has brought some serious comments here that I missed. My review noted most anonymous posts here are full of sarcasm, innuendos, personal and corporate attacks. Gutless and cowardly posts that in my opinion add very little to the conversation.

I am more concerned that a bloody politician will be looking at this and regulating what we can and cannot say. THAT scares the %@$#$ out of me.

We need some decorum, if you object state your opinion. If a post is blatantly wrong, offer a correction.
  • @kiltedbroker | 31 Oct 2012, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    John, I agree with you 100%, I hate the anonymous comments that are full of sarcasm, innuendos, personal and corporate attacks. I agree that they are gutless and cowardly posts that add very little to the conversation. My comment that "people feel safe to freely express their thoughts when their true identity isn't known" was actually meant to make this point. The fact that they are allowed to post anonymously encourages an over the top rant style of writing that involves no consequence. I think we are on the same page.

I am all about constructive conversation that betters our industry and I am not afraid to put my name behind my comments!
  • John Dearin RPA,. AMP. | 02 Nov 2012, 09:12 PM Agree 0
    Agreed, Jackson. We have a great forum here to voice opinions, we as a professional group should not let the few bring it down to thier level. I enjoy a good fight as much as the next guy, as long as I can "see" who I am fighting.

Post a reply