Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 02 Jul 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Brokers need to look beyond realtors when cultivating referral sources, says one broker, who is getting quality referrals from a financial planner.
  • Paolo Di Petta | dipettamortgage.com | 02 Jul 2013, 08:06 AM Agree 0
    Just an FYI:
    From what I remember from both my agent and broker course, we (at least in Ontario) are not qualified to recommend any insurance product over another, regardless of how common-sensical it may be.

You best plan of action is to advise them to seek advice from a licensed insurance agent/broker, although referring only one could open you up to some liability/COI issues.

Just some food for thought.
  • Michael Sussman | mortgage-rate.ca | 08 Jul 2013, 11:18 AM Agree 0
    I have been getting referrals for many years now from Insurance Advisors, Financial Planners and Family Law Lawyers. But I do think real estate agents are the best source of referrals. Why? Because you have been referred to someone in the home buying/selling game. 60% of my business comes from Real Estate Agents, and I work very hard to earn every last deal.
Post a reply