Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 08 Mar 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Nova Scotia veteran Richard LeBlanc is upset that a convicted mortgage fraudster has been handed what he terms a slap on the wrist, a lenient sentence that threatens to tar all brokers with the same brush.
  • Leo Escobar- Virtual Mortgage Broker | 09 Mar 2013, 04:17 AM Agree 0
    I agree, this guy got away too easy. It makes it look like its ok what he did and the population could lose trust in the mortgage brokers as a whole
  • Kevin | 09 Mar 2013, 04:28 AM Agree 0
    Same thing hapens in Alberta. they voulentary give up their licence, small fine and some go back brokering without a licence!! Many individuals are brokering in the province without being licenced with RECA. They seem to skip under the radar.
  • Ron Butler | 09 Mar 2013, 04:35 AM Agree 0
    Bankers have done fraud and its been well publicized, investment advisors have done so much fraud its almost a monthly occurance. Lawyers are being arrested all the time and don't get me started on Realtors.

Let's take a deep breath and not panic. There are bad apples in every business but as a group we are angels compared with the investment advisors that see their members being carted off to court with great regularity.
  • Richard LeBlanc-DLC | 09 Mar 2013, 07:15 AM Agree 0
    The sentence given to Mr Nelson in this fraud case does not suit the crime. It is a mockery of the mortgage industry and a miscarriage of justice. It sends out the wrong message to other unscrupulous mortgage brokers that if you can dupe the system for over six million dollars and walk away with an $8000. fine then it's worth the risk. CAAMP should be all over this and be encouraging the lenders to launch a civil law suit to recover their losses and set an example!"
  • truthseeker | 12 Mar 2013, 04:12 AM Agree 0
    I notice that Mr. Richard LeBlanc appears to have forgotten to mention some of the background of his story.

Right after he called Mr. Nelson a joker, he should have included the following--

Mr. Nelson was my business partner (in real estate but never in the mortgage business).
Post a reply