Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 23 Jun 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Plans to implement it before the next federal election
  • Steven | 25 Jun 2010, 04:04 AM Agree 0
    Don't do it government, you just end up building "projects" that become slums. Implement a rent supplement program and fill up the vacant rental units.
  • PWE | 25 Jun 2010, 05:34 AM Agree 0
    I didn't know this is a word and isn't Ignatieff an author and academic?
  • Dan | 28 Jun 2010, 08:04 PM Agree 0
    Perhaps instead of creating affordable housing (which hasn't worked yet) why not create more employment opportunities with better paying jobs?
  • Fraser Doke | 05 Aug 2010, 02:04 PM Agree 0
    I think a council housing similar to the UK , where if the tenants look after there place and live there for a length of time, could buy there unit at a lower rate than regular morgage, over a longer period of time.. Our family would pay for there house over a longer time, giving them more money to do renovate and improve there home.. The money that is generated with the unit would go back in pool to build other unites until the housing shortage has eased.. Every one knows that if you have a roof over your head, and can afford to feed yourself you become more productive..
    Now the Communty part of this would be small family businesses like a corner store, laundry mat, community recycle centre, communty market, could run businesses on the street level floors .. These business would be able to subsidies the lower income units in the building..
    Also is there is council housing and small business they should be taxed by local govt at a lower rate that condos and houses and high end businesses even in it is in a area that is high land value.. ie like vancouver.. The homelessness in this city is just going to get worse, You show me how some one can house feed and cloth themselves on a below poverty level income of 600 per person in the province of British Columbia.
    Fraser Doke a visionaire
Post a reply