Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 08 Dec 2009, 12:00 AM Agree 0
An overwhelming majority of members from the Mortgage Brokers Association of B.C. (MBABC) feel that that the HST will negatively affect the 2010 mortgage market.
  • Sal Vetro | 10 Dec 2009, 02:39 AM Agree 0
    Is there anybody that can escape the wrath of the HST Police. Who's next in line to receive a 7% boost in taxes. Does this government not understand that the more money, you take out of Joe Average citizen's pockets, the more likely he is going to watch every nickel that goes out, thus causing the economy to head into catastrophic consequences creating two distinct classes in our society. The very rich and the very poor. There won't be any more middle class. There is hope. A light at the end of the tunnel. Here's my suggestion. Ordinary British Columbians and all small to medium sized businesses must get involved and get behind Bill Vander Zalm Leader of the Fight HST team, of which I am proud to say, one of the main organizers. Please visit www.fighthst.com, leave your comments, volunteer, donate if you can still afford to, and you can also post any comments you may have. The battle has just begun. Remember you can make a difference. All you have to do is try. Together we will win, cause the people have had enough and want to take back control of their government.
  • Dan P | 11 Dec 2009, 02:31 AM Agree 0
    The HST will no doubt be a nuisance to all that need to pay it but will it really impact the RE market? Buyers and Sellers certainly will not welcome the higher tax costs but will put up with it anyway because Sellers want to sell and Buyers want to buy. I predict very little negative impact on the market from the new tax structure but do predict a big surge in teeth gnashing.
  • Michael Lloyd | 11 Dec 2009, 05:20 AM Agree 0
    While the HST will cause some discomfort, it will come and people will deal with it. What people like Sal seem to forget is The government has to pay for all the services we insist on somehow, it doesn't just grow on trees. Something Mr. Vander Zalm knows, but in his never ending quest for any kind of power. Sal, we have control of the government, if you don't like it, vote them out in 3 years.
Post a reply