Forum

Broker news forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
Mortgage Broker News | 22 May 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A CAAMP survey released today shows a housing market that is in trouble, and in danger of struggling for another five years.
  • Hogwart Grad | 22 May 2013, 10:57 AM Agree 0
    Bahhhh hum bug. Are you a broker or are you a glorified bank rep?
  • Hogwart Grad | 22 May 2013, 11:00 AM Agree 0
    Reduced house sale activity brings lower incomes and employment across industries directly and indirectly involved in sales, financing, legal services, moving, renovations, sale of furniture and appliances, landscaping etc.; Oh and should we add... bartender, waitress, hair dresser, store clerk,
  • Jerry | 22 May 2013, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    No offense to Jim Murphy but most of these organizations and economists should stop predicting doom and gloom. It has been going on since 2006 where they're telling us rates are going to go up, housing market is going to crash etc. Yes things might take a bit of a correction but the negative spin on these articles is fear based isn't good for anyone thinking about getting into the market. I realize their is certain markets in Canada that will experience a down turn but on the other hand I keep reading articles of housing sales and prices rising in majority of Canadian cities.
  • Paolo Di Petta | dipettamortgage.com | 22 May 2013, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    Funny how CAAMP seems to talk out of both side of their mouth.

They're all rah-rah with brokers, agents and their clients preaching about how the real estate market in Canada is great and how it's a great time to get into the market (or the industry), but every time they report to the government, they complain that the market needs more stimulus.

That being said, anyone who thinks our real estate market healthy is in for a world of hurt. The fact is that we've already had too much stimulus inflating the market and the house of cards is starting to tumble.

Year over year sales volume in the GTA has been down by double-digit percentages most of the past year. There's no way that those stats can indicate a healthy market.
Post a reply